IBM MAXIMO SOLUTIONS FOR POWER AND UTILITIES
The Goal: Fill demand for high reliability
The Advantage: The key to future growth
IBM Maximo for energy and utilities is an industry-leading asset management solution that can help your business manage mission-critical assets such as production and delivery equipment, facilities or transportation fleets. Track and proactively manage assets, which can improve asset efficiency and reliability, and extend asset life cycles.
Powerful yet easy-to-use applications help manage important aspects of each asset’s life cycle, including acquisition, compatible unit estimating, work management, inventory control, purchasing, preventive maintenance and disposal. Organizations with well-managed assets can recognize benefits such as improved production levels, increased regulatory compliance and improved reliability.
To meet compliance goals, utilities must consolidate systems both operational and financial. IBM Maximo can enable your business to use a common platform for asset management, including hydro and fossil generation, nuclear power, transmission, substation operations, power delivery, facilities, vehicle fleets and IT assets.
The benefits: Sustainable competitive advantage
Hundreds of major utilities use IBM Maximo to help increase asset and service management effectiveness and lower costs. The solution can help:
- Streamline business processes with fully integrated work and asset management using powerful business process management tools.
- Provide cost-effective inventory and procurement management with supply chain functionality that is closely integrated to work and asset material demands.
- Give visibility into planned work with comprehensive contract management and complete supply chain life cycle.
- Streamline and improve operations for greater shareholder value and customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate and document compliance efforts through rigorous monitoring and reporting.
- Reduce shrinkage and improve control over critical assets, including equipment, parts, tools and materials.
- Leverage data visualization with fully integrated geographic information system (GIS) functionality.
- Improve productivity with compatible unit estimating and a multilevel compatible unit library in T&D operations.
- Enhance crew management while tracking labor skills and certifications.
- Support the Standard Nuclear Performance Model (SNPM) for best-practice nuclear power asset management.