|Maximo Case Study|
Vietnam Electricity Power Generation Corporation 3
(EVN GENCO 3)
|Synopsis:||EVN is the largest electricity in Vietnam. EVN GENCO 3 engages IBM Premier Business Partner Avenue Business Solutions Joint Stock Company to build an asset-management platform using Maximo Asset Management, Websphere Server to enhance control of operations and business processes, optimize vendor, inventory resources and improves the user experience.|
|Location:||Vung Tau City, Viet Nam|
|Industry:||Energy & Utilities|
EVN GENCO is established on the basis of reorganization of Thermal Power Limited Phu My and 11 affiliates.
At the time of establishment, EVN GENCO 3 of 4 dependent accounting units of parent company, two subsidiaries with the parent company holds over 50% stake and 5 associates with the parent company owns less 50% of the charter capital. Currently, EVN is managing GENCO3 with 8 power projects.
Operation, repair, maintenance, overhaul, testing, adjustment, renovation, upgrading electrical, mechanical, control, automation of production line phones, work phones, electrical experiments;
Preparation of project investment and construction, project management consulting, project management of the construction works, consultancy and supervision of construction and installation works; consulting producer preparatory activities for the power plants:
– Manage the work patterns and prompt help scheduling daily work for operating & maintenance department.
– Management of technical specifications, origin, history, location, equipment life and materials, related spare parts.
– Management and statistical materials in the warehouse, storage condition.
– Manage and monitor the allocation of materials, tools and supplies.
– Manage the planning process, expected, supply of materials.
– Manage contract, purchasing, inventory.
– Integration with financial systems accounting software (SAP B1) for cost planning and administration costs involved.
Set-up, configuration and installation of Maximo system.
- Full data population, sanitation and verification of equipment, spare parts, inventory items and vendors information.
- Equipment location hierarchy build up and spare part linkage.
- Implemented 25 license.
- Development of over 20 customized reports.
- Development of over 20 specific screens.
- Procurement centralization.
- Implementation of Workflows.
- Project team training.
- IT and Admin training.
- User community training.
- Customized training.
Benefits of the Solution:
- Central system for asset management.
- Optimize maintenance processes.
- Manage supply chain.
- Provide management reports for continuous improvement.
- Maximo is fully used for asset tracking, work management, inventory and purchasing (including non-maintenance purchasing)
- Growing Maximo for other plants in the future.